Spanish chorizo chicken bake
These Spanish flavours are a match made in heaven!
- 1 x chicken braai pack, seasoned
- 12 baby potatoes, halved
- 30ml olive oil
- 250g chorizo, sliced into diagonal chunks
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 10ml smoked paprika
- 2 red peppers, sliced into thick chunks
- 250ml chicken stock
- Simmer the potatoes in salted water until al dente (i.e. just cooked).
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the chorizo and sauté for a few minutes until slightly crispy.
- Remove the chorizo, and then turn the heat up to high.
- Add the chicken, skin-side down, and fry until golden. Remove from the pan.
- Turn the heat down and add the red onion and garlic. Sauté gently for 2 minutes.
- Add the paprika and peppers, and sauté for another minute.
- Add the chicken and chorizo back into the pan, along with the potatoes. Give everything a good stir.
- Add the chicken stock and place in the oven for 1 hour until cooked through. Top up with water, if necessary.