This recipe transforms a handful of ingredients into the ultimate winter indulgence.
- 6-8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 125ml chicken stock
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 250ml pouring cream
- 200g button mushrooms, thickly sliced 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 packet fresh egg fettuccine
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped to serve
- salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over high heat.
- Season the chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken thighs skin-side down in the pan and fry for 4- 5 minutes on each side until deep golden brown.
- Add the onions to the pan and cook for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Meanwhile, place the corn flour in a large jug and gradually whisk in the stock, chopped tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard.
- Add the jug contents and garlic to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 3½ hours.
- Fry the mushrooms with thyme and add them to the pot with the cream. Cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Serve with your fresh egg fettuccine and sprinkle with parsley to serve.