Sometimes the simplest dishes are the most memorable!
- potato salad
- 600g baby potatoes, peeled and halved
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 15g margarine
- 10g fresh coriander, chopped
- 10g fresh basil, chopped
- 10g fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 whole chicken
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp dry mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp dry mixed rosemary
- half a lemon zest, grated
- salt and pepper
- Fill a pot with cold water and season with salt. Add potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain and place in a bowl.
- Add the margarine and toss to coat the potatoes. Leave to cool.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the herbs and toss through the potatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix the oil, dry herbs, and lemon zest. Rub the oil mixture over the chicken.
- Roast the chicken for 40 minutes, basting every 20 minutes.
- Increase the oven temperature to 220°C. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve your roast chicken with the potato salad and fresh greens.