Ingredients:For the chicken
- 5 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) onion powder
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) dried herbs (such as rosemary, basil, and oregano)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) olive oil
- 4 chicken pieces, thighs and drumsticks
- 500g brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) onion powder
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) butter
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) flour
- 300ml cream
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 10g parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and milled pepper
- In a bowl, whisk together the garlic, onion powder, dried herbs, a generous pinch of salt and pepper, lemon zest and juice, and olive oil.
- Place the chicken in a bowl and pour the lemon mixture over.
- Toss well to ensure all the chicken is coated.
- Marinate at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer to 185°C.
- Air-fry the chicken for 30 minutes, or until cooked through and the skin is crispy.
- In the meantime, cook the Brussel sprouts – place the sprouts in a bowl.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and add the onion powder with some salt and pepper.
- Toss well to coat evenly.
- Preheat the air fryer to 200°C. Add the sprouts and cook for 15 minutes until crispy and cooked through.
- Prepare the lemon herb sauce – Melt the butter and olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the onion with a pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes until translucent. Add the garlic, and sauté for a further 3 minutes.
- Tip in the flour and stir thoroughly. Cook, stirring, for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add a dash of cream and whisk to remove the flour clumps. Add the rest of the cream. Bring to boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes until thickened.
- Finish with the lemon juice, lemon zest, chopped parsley and extra salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve the chicken with brussels sprouts on the side, and drizzle over the warm sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley.