PUFF PASTRY TART TOPPED WITH CHICKEN, MOZZARELLA, PESTO & TOMATO
Puff pastry is a top freezer staple on our list. Try this recipe with a classic Italian flavour combination as a topping.
- 1 x County Fair Skinless Chicken Breasts pack (4 pieces)
- 2 (400g each) rolls of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 150g mozzarella, grated
- 1 small punnet (150g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100g basil pesto
- Olive oil
- Salt and milled black pepper
- Fresh basil (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the chicken breasts on an oven tray and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, and gently rub in.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until cooked through. Set aside to rest and cool. Shred once cooled.
- Roll the puff pastry out onto greaseproof paper, use as is or slice in half to make two more petite tarts.
- Leaving a 1 ½ cm border around the edge of the pastry, sprinkle the mozzarella evenly all over the centre. Top with the shredded chicken and cherry tomatoes. Season.
- Brush the edges of the puff pastry with olive oil.
- Place the tart in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, until the edges are puffed and golden and the pastry in the centre is cooked.
- Remove from the oven and dot with basil pesto.
- Garnish with fresh basil; if using, slice and serve.