Chicken feet are a well-loved street food snack. Now kick the cravings with this homemade version.
- 500g chicken feet, cleaned
- ¼ cup (60 ml) oil
- 2 tsp (10 ml) chilli flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 red peppers, chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) red wine vinegar
- 4 red chillies, chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) smoked paprika
- ½ lemon juice and zest
- Salt and pepper
- In a pot of water boil chicken feet for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Remove chicken feet from the water. (Reserve the liquid to use as stock)
- Blend the remaining ingredients until
- Grill chicken feet on a griddle pan for 10 minutes or until chard.
- Baste with the peri-peri until well coated throughout.
- Serve warm.