Perfectly roasted chicken and vegetables
This mouthwatering roast chicken recipe requires very little preparation. It’s perfect for a lazy Sunday lunch.
- 1 whole chicken
- ½ lemon, chopped
- canola oil
- 500g baby potatoes
- 4 carrots, thickly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves
- A red, yellow and green pepper (one of each), halved salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towel. Place the lemon in the cavity.
- Truss the chicken (see our How-to tip) and place the chicken in a pan, on top of a wire rack. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove the wire rack and chicken.
- In the roasting pan, add all the vegetables and drizzle with oil. Place the wire rack with the chicken over the vegetables and roast for 60 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with roasted vegetables.