This is a Sunday lunch classic. Save any leftovers and turn it into a quick Monday meal.
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 punnet rosemary, removed from the stalks
- 1 tsp paprika
- a glug of olive oil
- 1 whole chicken, giblets removed
- ½ cup melted butter
- salt and pepper
- Crush garlic, rosemary, and paprika with a pestle and mortar to create a chunky rub.
- Season the chicken generously and coat with olive oil.
- Using your hands, coat the chicken with the rub mixture, getting seasoning underneath the skin. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Place the chicken breast-side up on a greased baking tray.
- Roast for 1 hour and 10 minutes (or until cooked through and golden). Baste with melted butter every 15 minutes.
- Serve with golden, roasted potatoes and fresh rocket.