Enjoy summer in a bowl with a healthy combo of chicken, nectarines, cucumber ribbons and roasted chickpeas.
- 200ml yoghurt
- ½ cup good-quality mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp curry powder or paste
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 60ml fruit chutney
- 4 chicken fillets
- 300ml chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic-and-herb spice mix
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 nectarines, pitted and sliced
- 4 small baby cucumbers, sliced into ribbons
- 4 poppadums
- 1 cup baby tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp sugar
- a pinch of dried chili flakes
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
- Combine the yoghurt, mayonnaise, curry powder, cinnamon, turmeric, lemon juice, zest and chutney in a bowl. Mix well and divide in half.
- Mix one half of the marinade with the chicken, place in a Ziplock bag and marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Mix the chickpeas with the olive oil and the garlic-and-herb spice mix, place on a baking tray and roast in the oven for about 30 minutes until the chickpeas start to turn golden brown. Remove and cool down.
- Make the tomato-and-red-onion salsa by combining all the ingredients.
- Heat a griddle pan on medium heat and cook the chicken fillets for about 3 minutes on each side until cooked through and golden brown.
To assemble the bowls: Divide the rice between four bowls, add the nectarine slices, the cucumber ribbons and the roasted chickpeas. Top each bowl with a griddled chicken fillet, top with salsa and add a generous spoon of leftover marinade. Garnish with more fresh coriander and serve with poppadums.