- 1 pack of chicken drumsticks and thighs
- 2 red onions, cut into chunks
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 250ml mango atchar
- 400ml plain yoghurt
- 1 packet brown onion soup powder
- 20ml chicken spice powder
- 20ml curry powder
- 10ml turmeric powder
- 7.5ml cumin powder
- 150ml chicken stock
- 20ml lemon juice
- ½ large papaya, cubed
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 30g coriander, chopped
- 4 cups basmati rice, cooked
- fresh coriander
- Preheat the oven to 180°
- Arrange the chicken, onions and peppers in a large baking dish.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together and pour over the chicken. Stir to combine.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes to one hour.
- Place foil over the tray halfway through the cooking process.
- Combine all the ingredients together and season to taste.
- Serve the chicken bake with rice and spicy papaya salsa on the side.
- Top with fresh coriander.