The classic flavour combinations make this a star recipe.
- 1 small butternut, washed
- 1 x County Fair Star pack
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) lemon zest
- ¼ cup (60ml) honey
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) fresh thyme leaves
- Olive oil
- Salt and milled black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Prepare the butternut – slice it in half lengthways. Scoop out and discard the seeds. Then cut each half into four wedges.
- Place wedges in a roasting tray along with the chicken.
- To make the marinade, whisk the lemon juice, lemon zest, honey and thyme with 2 Tbsp olive oil and a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and butternut and toss well.
- Spread all evenly in the tray and ensure the chicken pieces are skin-side up.
- Roast in the oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes until cooked through and golden.