This recipe uses homemade ginger beer to make an easy weeknight meal.
- 800g chicken (mixed portions)
- 500ml homemade ginger beer
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 litre water
- 1 cup mielie meal
- 1 can creamed corn
- Combine ginger beer, stock, garlic, and cayenne pepper.
- Place chicken in a sealable bag and add the ginger-beer mixture. Marinate for 1 hour.
- Place the chicken in a baking tray with the marinade.
- Bake for 45–60 minutes, basting halfway.
- The chicken is done when you cut into the thickest part and the juices run clear.
- Serve with creamy corn pap.
- Bring 1 litre of water to the boil in a pot.
- In a jug with the mielie meal, add ¼ cup cold water, stir, and add to the boiling water.
- Stir the porridge and cover. Simmer, stirring every 10 minutes, for 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately with the chicken.