This skewer recipe shares a nifty time-saving cheat.
- 1kg Goldi chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) vegetable olive oil
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) honey
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup (125ml) mayonnaise or plain yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) crushed garlic
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp (5ml) each salt and pepper
- 3 robot bell peppers, cut into medium pieces
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) chicken spice
- 250g hard cheese of your choice (cheddar or Gouda)
- sosatie sticks, soaked in water
- Cut the chicken breast into medium size pieces, about 3cm x 3cm, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, honey, Worcestershire sauce, mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix and reserve about 3 Tbsp for later.
- Add the chicken pieces and bell pepper to the remaining marinade and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- Drain marinade from chicken and vegetables.
- Pan-fry chicken first, then add vegetables and chicken spice. Cook on high heat for 10 minutes; alternatively, grill chicken breasts and peppers at 180°C for 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, thread chicken, vegetables and cheese alternately onto skewers
- Brush skewers with leftover marinade and serve.