A sure crowd-pleaser that’s simple to prepare.
Ingredients:For the chicken
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- ¼ cup (60ml) peri-peri sauce
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) harissa
- 1/3 cup (80ml) passata sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ Tbsp (7ml) brown sugar
- 4-6 medium-large waxy potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) canola oil
- 1 tsp (5ml) smoked paprika
- 1 tsp (5ml) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (5ml) onion powder
- 1 tsp (5ml) barbeque spice powder
- Salt and milled pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Prepare the chicken breasts by placing them on a board between cling film or in a zip lock bag if you prefer. Using a rolling pin, gently bat the breasts, so they are even in thickness throughout. Take care not to bat too thin, just even.
- In a bowl, whisk the peri-peri sauce, harissa, passata sauce, garlic, lemon juice and sugar together.
- Add the chicken breasts and massage them through the sauce. Allow them to marinate for at least 1 hour while you prepare your grill and other components.
- In the meantime, prepare the potato wedges: Slice the potatoes into 6-8 wedges (depending on the size).
- Place the potatoes in a mixing bowl and drizzle over the oil. Toss to coat well.
- In a small bowl, mix the smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, barbeque spice and a generous pinch of salt together.
- Add this to the potatoes and toss to coat evenly.
- Line a tray with foil and lightly grease. Spread the wedges over the tray and bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes tossing halfway through the cook. Bake until crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Slice your Portuguese rolls in half and put them cut side down on the grill to get some
- colour. While warm, spread some butter over both sides.
- Grill the marinated Prego chicken breasts until charred, caramelised, and cooked through.
- Layer the cooked chicken onto the rolls, and top with slices of tomato and onion.
- Serve with wedges and mayonnaise on the side.