- 3 cups (750g) cake wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) each white and black pepper powder
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) paprika
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) chicken spice
- 1 tsp (5ml) salt
- 2 large eggs
- Splash of milk or water
- 4 cups (1l) vegetable oil
- Combine 2 cups of the flour, peppers, paprika, chicken spice and salt in a large shallow bowl.
- Place eggs and water in a separate medium bowl and whisk together.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well to form a batter.
- Dip the chicken pieces and coat them with the batter. Dip into the remaining flour, coat and shake the excess off.
- In a deep pot, heat oil to about 375°C.
- Fry chicken, a few pieces at a time, until golden brown, about 7-8 minutes on each side.
- Line a large bowl with paper towel.
- Once cooked, place cooked pieces in a paper towel-lined bowl to drain.
- Serve hot or cold.