This aromatic and spicy curry will be your new winter-warmer go-to!
- 30ml olive oil
- 2 x packs County Fair chicken drumsticks
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 thumb ginger, grated
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 400ml coconut milk
- 250ml chicken stock
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 150g green beans, trimmed
- 100g mange tout
- lime juice
- soy sauce
- fish sauce
- jasmine rice
- 15g coriander leaves
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pot or cast-iron pan over a high heat.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and sear the pieces off skin side-down until golden. Remove from the pot.
- Turn the heat down and add the onions, garlic, ginger and chilli. Sauté until softened, stirring often.
- Add the curry paste and continue sautéing until fragrant. Deglaze the pan with the coconut milk and chicken stock. Add the chicken pieces and stir well.
- Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat to a light simmer and put a lid on. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the green pepper and green beans. Cook for a further 30 minutes.
- Add the mange tout, and then remove from the heat.
- Season to taste with lime juice, soy sauce and fish sauce.
- Serve hot with jasmine rice and garnish with coriander leaves, with lime wedges on the side.