The spicy marinade makes the chicken breast fillets in these soft-shell tacos sing!
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp chipotle chilli powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/8 tsp salt
Chicken and tortillas
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 6 small tortilla wraps
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 2 cups coriander, to serve
- 1 lime, to serve
- To make the marinade, mix 2 tablespoons of olive oil, lime juice and zest, honey, chipotle chilli and garlic powders, cumin, coriander and salt until well combined. Reserve 1/3 cup of the marinade for basting.
- Marinade the chicken breasts in a closed container in the fridge for 60 minutes.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to a hot grill pan (cast-iron pan). Cook the chicken for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown on medium-high heat. Baste with the reserved marinade, then turn and cook the other side for 1 to 2 minutes. Baste again, cover and cook on low for 10 minutes. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Put the cooked chicken onto a plate and cover loosely with tinfoil to keep warm. When the chicken has rested, slice it up.
- Layer the coriander, sliced avocado and sliced chicken breasts onto the tortilla wraps. Top with a squeeze of lime and serve.