Chicken curry in a hurry! This simple, budget-friendly family meal is ready in an hour.
- 30-45ml curry powder
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 375ml chicken stock
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tsp cream of chicken soup powder
- salt and pepper
- 300g long-grain rice
- 50g raisins
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Mix all the spices ingredients together. Add oil to a pot over medium heat and sauté the onion until soft.
- Add the spice blend and cook until fragrant. Pour in the stock and tomatoes and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Use a stick blender to create a smooth sauce. Add the chicken pieces and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Mix the soup powder with water and stir into the chicken pot. Simmer for 5 minutes more or until thickened.
- Season and serve with the yellow rice.
- Add all the ingredients to a pot, add 2 cups of water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and cover for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve.