Creamy sundried tomato, Parmesan and basil thighs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- a pinch of chilli flakes
- a pinch of dried basil
- a pinch of thyme leaves
- 250ml chicken stock
- 125ml cream
- 75g sundried tomatoes
- 50g grated Parmesan
- 10g fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°
- Heat the olive oil over a medium-high heat in a skillet or large pan.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Once the oil is hot, put the chicken in, skin-side down. Fry until they have good colour, and then remove them from the heat.
- Turn the heat down to low and add the butter. Now add the garlic, chilli flakes, basil, and thyme. Sauté until the garlic is translucent.
- Add the chicken stock, cream, sundried tomatoes, Parmesan, and a small pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the chicken, skin-side up.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve the chicken hot, topped with the fresh basil leaves.