Chicken with crispy potato
Who can say no to chicken and crispy potatoes? This recipe includes a delicious rub for the meat.
- 40g butter, melted
- 300g baby potatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1tsp (5ml) oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp (45ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp (15ml) vinegar
- 3 tbsp (45ml) brown sugar
- 6 pieces of chicken thighs and drumsticks
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Rub butter with potatoes on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove potatoes and mash each potato. Season again with salt and pepper and roast for 15 minutes.
- Mix oil, onion, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and sugar in a bowl.
- Rub the mixture over the chicken.
- Place on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until cooked.