Double cheese burger
Our chicken patties really do make the best burgers! Don’t skimp on the cheese…
Ingredients:For the basting sauce:
- 80ml tomato sauce
- 45ml brown sugar
- 125ml Worcestershire sauce
- 5ml paprika
- 45ml barbecue spice
- 60ml Coca-Cola
- 3 red onions, thinly sliced
- 15ml oil
- 1ml brown sugar
- 15ml brown vinegar
- 8 chicken-burger patties
- 4 buns
- 60ml coleslaw
- 2 tomatoes
- Cheddar and white Gouda cheese (4 slices each)
- Mix all the ingredients for the basting in a small pot. Simmer for 8 minutes or until thick.
- Sauté the onions in an oiled pan, over medium-high heat, browning them slightly.
- Sprinkle the sugar and vinegar over the onions, and simmer until thick and glossy.
- Heat a griddle pan over medium-high heat. Cook your patties while basting each side with the basting sauce.
- Top four patties with Cheddar cheese and four with white Gouda cheese. Set aside.
- Slice each bun in half. Top one half with coleslaw, lettuce, two patties, caramelised onions, and tomato. Cover with the top part of the bun, and repeat with the other buns. Yum!