Hungry? Then dig in. These bunny chows are oh-so delicious.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 500g chicken livers, trimmed
- 1 tsp chicken spice
- 3 onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1cm fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 dry bay leaves
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tin tomato puree
- salt and pepper
- 1 loaf of white bread, unsliced
- Heat the oil in a large pan over high heat and brown the chicken livers, sprinkling chicken spice over the livers. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same pan, add onions and cook until soft.
- Add the garlic, ginger and spices and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato puree and 375ml water and bring to the boil. Turn the heat down and simmer for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Return the chicken liver to the pan and take off the heat.
- Slice the loaf of bread in half, hollow out the insides and fill with the chicken liver curry.