- 3 Tbsp (45ml) vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5ml) crushed garlic and ginger
- 1 tsp (5ml) black and white pepper powder
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) Curry Masala
- 1 tsp (5ml) paprika
- 500g pieces of Goldi chicken
- 1 tomato, peeled and chopped
- 125g plain yoghurt or Inkomazi
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) chicken stock powder
- 1 can of butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) chopped parsley
- Salt and milled black pepper
- In a medium pot, heat the oil and add the onions and fry until golden.
- Add garlic and ginger and fry for 2 minutes.
- Lower the heat and add the pepper powder, masala and paprika.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir.
- Add Goldi chicken pieces, tomato, yoghurt and chicken stock powder.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes,
- Stir in the tomatoes.
- Cook on low heat covered for 10 minutes.
- Add beans, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.