Chicken stew with pumpkin fritters
Delicious dishes are all about great texture combos. This chicken stew with pumpkin fritters recipe is a must-try.
- 30ml oil
- 1kg chicken soup pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 5ml ground cumin
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 375ml flour
- 10ml baking powder
- 1ml salt
- 1ml onion powder
- 1ml cinnamon
- 1ml nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 200g pumpkin, cooked and mashed
- 125ml milk
- 20g butter, melted
- oil to deep-fry
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and brown the chicken in batches. Remove and set aside.
- Add onion, carrots and pepper to the same pot. Cook, stirring until soft.
- Return the chicken to the pot and add the rest of the ingredients. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Mix the first six ingredients for the fritters in a bowl.
- Whisk the eggs, pumpkin, milk and butter in another bowl. Add the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of the dough into hot oil and cook until golden.
- Serve the fritters with the stew.