Love the sound of BBQ and maple syrup? Then serve this dish to family and friends this festive season.
- 1 x chicken braai pack
- 15ml olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 75ml tomato paste
- 120ml maple syrup
- 75ml soy sauce
- 50ml Worcestershire sauce
- 20ml vinegar
- 50ml sriracha sauce
- 6 pieces of corn, cut in half
- 45ml olive oil
- 15ml garlic powder
- 10ml chilli powder
- 125ml parmesan cheese, finely grated
- salt and pepper
- In a pot, add the olive oil, garlic, tomato paste, maple syrup, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, and sriracha. Turn up the heat and allow to simmer for 5-8 minutes. Put aside to cool.
- Pour half the marinade over the chicken pieces and toss through.
- Grill the chicken pieces over a fire, turning and basting with the remaining sauce until charred and cooked through.
- Toss the corn with the olive oil, garlic powder, chilli powder, salt and pepper.
- Grill the corn on the fire until charred.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle with cheese while still hot.
- Serve with the BBQ-maple chicken pieces.