Enjoy eating potjiekos? This South African casserole, made over the fire, is a must-try.
- 2kg chicken mixed portions
- 1 celery stick, roughly chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 punnet button mushrooms
- fresh thyme
- fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
- 3 tbsp chicken spice
- 250ml white wine
- 250ml chicken stock
- 30ml creamy soup or cornflour mixed into a paste
- Heat cooking oil in a pan.
- Season the chicken with chicken spice and fry until golden brown.
- Add the herbs, salt and pepper.
- Arrange veggies on the chicken and pour in the wine and stock.
- Cook the potatoes with the chicken for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Thicken the mixture with creamy soup.