A hearty meal packed with bold smoky and spicy flavours.
- Glug of olive oil
- 6-8 chicken thighs and drumsticks
- Salt and milled pepper
- ½ coil (150g) chorizo, sliced
- 4-5 baby onions, halved
- 3-4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) smoked or regular paprika
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) butter
- Handful of fresh basil, stalks removed
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup (250ml) fresh cream
- 1 can (400g) butter beans, drained
- 1 can (400g) red kidney beans, drained
- 1 lime
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof dish fitted with a lid.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and toss together with olive oil.
- Brown the chicken evenly in batches for about 4-5 minutes each. Remove from the pan.
- Add the chorizo and fry for 3-5 minutes or until crispy. Remove from the heat.
- Lower the heat slightly and fry the onions for 6-8 minutes.
- Add the garlic, paprika, butter and basil and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken and chorizo back into the pan along with the chicken stock. Cover and bake in the oven for about 20-30 minutes.
- Add the cream, butter beans and red kidney beans and return to the oven for another 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, add a squeeze of lime juice and season if needed.
- Serve with crusty bread, buttery mash or a side salad.