CHICKEN AND POTATOES WITH GARLIC-PARMESAN SAUCE
Double up this recipe to serve a hungry horde.
- 1 x County Fair Star Pack
- 500g baby potatoes, halved
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2.5ml thyme leaves, plus extra stalks
- 15ml flour
- 250ml chicken stock
- 125ml cream
- 125ml parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- fresh cabbage slaw
- 30ml parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°
- Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- Put half the butter into a skillet over a medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken pieces and sear until golden brown on both sides (about 2 minutes per side). Put the chicken aside.
- Turn the heat on the skillet to low.
- Add the remaining butter, garlic, and thyme leaves. Sauté gently for 2 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the chicken stock, whisking continuously to remove any lumps. Bring to the boil; then add the cream and parmesan cheese. Whisk together.
- Place the chicken pieces skin-side up in a roasting dish. Arrange the potatoes around the chicken. Pour over the cream sauce and scatter over the extra thyme stalks.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 45 minutes, until the chicken pieces are cooked through.
- Serve the creamy chicken in its roasting dish with the potatoes, served with the cabbage slaw on the side.
- Sprinkle over chopped parsley.