Chicken and boerewors bake with peppadews
The entire family will enjoy this flavourful dish.
- 15ml olive oil
- 1 pack boerewors, cut into 5cm pieces
- 1 pack chicken drumsticks and thighs
- 2 large onions, chopped into chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, grated
- 400ml white wine
- 400ml chicken stock
- ½ cup peppadews, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 20g parsley, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil at a high temperature in a large skillet. Colour the boerewors, but don’t cook through.
- Remove the boerewors from the skillet and turn down the heat to medium.
- Season the chicken pieces and add to the skillet, skin-side down. Brown the chicken and then remove from the heat.
- Add the onions, bell pepper and garlic, and sauté until slightly softened and coloured.
- Add the wine and allow to boil for about 5 minutes until the alcohol has cooked out.
- Add the stock, peppadews, lemon juice, and rosemary. Boil for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and place in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes and then add the boerewors. Continue to bake for a further 15 minutes.
- Check to see if the chicken is cooked through. Either cook for a few more minutes or remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and serve.