BALSAMIC ROASTED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH A FRESH TOMATO & BASIL SALAD
This recipe makes for the perfect mid-week feast.
- 1 x County Fair Chicken Braai pack (5 pieces)
- 10g basil leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup (60ml) honey
- 500g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) honey
- 15g basil, roughly torn
- Olive oil
- Salt and milled black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place chicken pieces in an oven dish. Drizzle with 3 Tbsp olive oil, add the chopped basil leaves and season.
- Roast in the oven for 50 minutes.
- In the meantime, place the balsamic vinegar and honey in a pot and boil; remove from the heat and set aside.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, brush over the honey-balsamic glaze, and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Prepare the salad; sprinkle a pinch of salt over the tomatoes and set aside for at least 15 minutes.
- Mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey together with a pinch of pepper.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and rest for 5 minutes.
- Toss the seasoned tomatoes, dressing and torn basil together in a bowl.
- Place the chicken on a serving platter and serve with the salad on the side.