Pot bread (‘potbrood’) filled with spicy chicken is about to become your next braai favourite. Lekker!
- 2½ cup (625ml) flour
- 7g yeast
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tsp (5ml) sugar
- 1½ cups (375ml) water
- 2 tsp (10ml) mixed herbs
- 1kg whole chicken
- 2 tbsp (30ml) braai mixed spice
- Combine flour, yeast, salt and sugar slowly. Pour in the water, stirring to form a firm dough.
- Place on a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes. Place dough in a bowl, cover and place in a warm area for 40 minutes.
- Prepare the coals in the Weber until they’ve reached a moderate heat.
- Place the chicken under the cover and cook for 25 minutes, or until the chicken is almost cooked.
- Line an enamel pan or pot with half the dough. Place chicken in the centre of the pan and cover with the left-over dough, sealing the sides. Sprinkle mixed herbs on top.
- Cover the bread pan with foil and place in the Weber for 30 minutes.