- 10-piece County Fair Chicken braai pack
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 60ml olive oil
- 30ml dukkah
- 15ml sumac
- 5ml ground cinnamon
- 250ml chicken broth
- 100ml pine nuts, toasted
- flat-leaf parsley
- pomegranate rubies (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 190°C.
- In a large glass bowl, mix together chicken, onions, lemon, garlic, 30ml olive oil, dukkah, sumac, cinnamon, broth, salt and pepper. Marinate in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Transfer the chicken and its marinade to a shallow baking pan that’s large enough to hold the chicken pieces lying flat. The chicken should be skin side up.
- Roast the chicken for 35 - 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce starts to thicken.
- Top the chicken with extra dukkah and toasted pine nuts, and garnish with fresh flat-leaf parsley. Serve with quinoa, pomegranate rubies (optional), and a delicious, herby yoghurt dressing (mix double-cream plain yoghurt with lemon juice, honey, chopped coriander, parsley, mint, salt and black pepper).