Use smoked paprika to add a bit of pizzaz to chicken wings and serve with a side of chimichurri sauce.
- 2 x 8-piece County Fair chicken wings
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 30ml smoked paprika
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 80ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 16 lime wedges
- bamboo skewers, soaked in cold water for 30 min.
- 30ml onion, finely chopped
- 30ml red wine vinegar
- 1 small green chili, deseeded
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 15g flat-leaf parsley, stalks removed
- 15g coriander, stalks removed
- 5g oregano leaves
- 60ml olive oil
- 5ml honey
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Combine the garlic, smoked paprika, lemon zest, lemon juice and half the olive oil in a small bowl and season to taste.
- Pour over the chicken wings and leave to marinate overnight in a large resealable bag.
- Place two marinated wings on a skewer with a lime in the middle. Repeat to make eight skewers.
- Line a large baking tray with foil and use the remaining olive oil to coat the bottom of the tray.
- Place the skewers on the baking tray and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and golden brown.
- While the skewers are in the oven, prepare the chimichurri sauce by blending all the ingredients together with a stick blender. Taste and adjust the seasoning. (Note: This sauce will last for a week in the fridge.)
- Serve the chicken skewers with the chimichurri dipping sauce.