You can’t go wrong with this dinner-party classic.
- 1 x pack chicken breasts
- 15g butter
- 15ml olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5ml oregano, fresh or dry
- 125ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 350ml baby spinach
- 125ml chicken stock
- 250ml cream
- juice of 1 lemon
- 8 basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- Season the chicken breasts generously with salt and pepper.
- Put the butter and olive oil in a skillet over high heat. Once hot, add the chicken breasts. Sear for about 4 minutes, until they have good colour; then remove from the pan and put aside.
- Turn the heat down to medium low and add the onions, garlic, and oregano. Sauté until soft.
- Add the chicken stock and cream, and bring to a simmer.
- Add the parmesan cheese and baby spinach, and stir through.
- Lastly, add the chicken breasts and cover with a lid. Allow to simmer gently for 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and squeeze over the juice of a lemon. Garnish with the basil leaves, and tuck in.