Classic chicken limone
Classic chicken limone makes for an Italian-style family meal that takes less than an hour to prep.
- 4 County Fair breast fillets
- salt and pepper
- 100ml cake flour
- 50g butter
- 15ml olive oil
- 100ml white wine
- 80ml concentrated chicken stock
- 200ml fresh cream
- 1 egg
- 40ml lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1ml castor sugar
- chopped parsley for garnishing
- Flatten the chicken breast fillets slightly with a meat mallet and season well with salt and pepper. Dredge in the flour and shake off any excess flour.
- Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan, add the chicken fillets and sauté for about 2-3 minutes per side until cooked. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Deglaze the pan with wine, then add the chicken stock and cream. Bring to a boil and reduce slightly.
- Whisk the egg, lemon juice, zest and castor sugar in a separate bowl.
- Reduce the heat to very low and stir the egg-lemon mixture into the simmering sauce.
- Whisk constantly until the sauce is smooth and thickened.
- Add some chopped parsley and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Return the chicken and any juices to the pan and heat through.
- Serve garnished with chopped parsley and potato wedges.