CHICKEN WITH SPINACH
A sure family favourite!
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5ml) crushed garlic and ginger
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) Masala
- salt and fine black pepper
- 500g Goldi chicken pieces
- 1 tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) tomato paste
- ½ cup (125g ) plain yoghurt or Inkomazi
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) chicken stock
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 bunch of spinach, roughly chopped
- Heat oil in a medium pot and fry the onions.
- Fry over high heat for 5 minutes, stirring until golden.
- Add the garlic and ginger.
- Lower the heat and add the masala.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir.
- Add chicken pieces.
- Stir in tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Add the chicken stock.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add a pinch of sugar.
- Add chopped spinach and stir to wilt.
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Serve with pap or rice.