- 1 tbsp oil
- 500g chicken breast fillets, cut into pieces
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp medium curry
- 100g dried red lentils
- 1½ cup chicken stock
- 250g rice
- 150g spinach
- Heat oil in a saucepan, add the chicken and fry over high heat for 5 minutes until browned.
- Add onions and fry for 3 minutes while stirring.
- Reduce the heat, stir in the curry and cook for 1 minute.
- Add lentils and chicken stock to the pan. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stir in the spinach and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of rice water to the boil and rinse the rice. Simmer until the rice is cooked.
- Serve the lentils and chicken with steaming-hot rice. Delicious!