Chicken, Green Pepper And Onion Kebab, With Flatbread
Goldi’s perfectly portioned kebabs are an easy braai day essential.
- 1kg Goldi Chicken Kebabs
- 2 onions, quartered
- 2 green peppers, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) oil
- 1 ¼ cup (180g) Flour
- 1 tsp (5ml) salt
- 2 tsp (10ml) baking powder
- 4 Tbsp (60 ml) oil
- 150ml Amasi
- Remove the chicken from the skewer.
- To make kebab, start by skewering onion, then chicken, followed by pepper. Repeat this process until you have 4 pieces of chicken on each skewer.
- Before cooking kebabs, oil the grill.
- Add the chicken to grill for 25 - 30 minutes, flipping every 5 minutes to keep it from burning.
- Remove and serve with flatbread and coleslaw.
- To make flatbread, combine dry ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Make a well in the centre and add amasi and oil.
- Slowly incorporate until a dough is formed, and knead for 5 minutes. The dough will be wetter than regular bread dough.
- Let the dough rise for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 6 portions and roll out to about 0,5 - 1 cm thickness.
- Dry fry the flatbread for 3 minutes a side. Flatbread can also be cooked on the fire for some extra smokey flavour.