Chefs’ tip #8
Perfect your stuffing
Stuffing can be made from a range of delicious ingredients. Don't let your cooking technique spoil the flavours.
- Use herbs, lemon wedges, vegetables, bread or sausage – anything you fancy – to make the stuffing.
- Wash the chicken – inside and out – and dry it with a paper towel.
- If your stuffing requires cooking, make sure it cools completely before you stuff the chicken.
- Add the stuffing just before you cook the chicken to reduce the risk of bacterial growth.
- Avoid overstuffing the chicken as the stuffing will expand during the cooking time. Once you’ve added the stuffing, tie the legs together with string to hold it all in.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove the stuffing immediately.