- 6 wings
- 4 thighs
- 4 drumsticks
- 10g dried garlic flakes
- 35g raw almond flakes
- 100g panko breadcrumbs
- 4 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tsp iodised table salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- A large pinch of saffron
- 3 bell peppers (green, red and yellow), chopped into small cubes
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- Handful of mixed micro herbs
- 500g tenderstem broccoli, steamed
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Roughly crush the garlic flakes and almonds, and mix with the panko crumbs, masala powder, salt and dried oregano in a shallow dish.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of olive oil and saffron in a small bowl, and baste the chicken pieces.
- Roll one side of the chicken pieces in the crumb and place onto an oven dish to bake for 40 minutes. Remove the wings from the oven after the first 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the chicken broth and quinoa into a medium saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until the liquid is absorbed and the grain is tender.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan. Sauté the onion and peppers, and add to the fluffy quinoa with the micro herbs.
- Serve chicken on a bed of pilaf with tenderstem broccoli