- 8-10 chicken drumsticks
- 3-4 large potatoes
- 3-6 hot red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp white-wine vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- To make the peri-peri sauce, put the chillies, olive oil, white-wine vinegar, garlic, tomato purée and water into a pot and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Crisp the skin of drumsticks in a pan over the stove. Place the drumsticks into an oven dish and cover with the piri-piri sauce. Cook in the oven for about 30 to 45 minutes until sticky.
- Cut the potatoes along the length into 1cm-thick slices. Then cut 2cm-wide strips along the length to form a rectangular-style chip. Fry the chips in oil until golden brown and serve with the chicken drumsticks.