Let the magic of time cook the chicken for a perfect family meal.
- 6 - 8 pieces Goldi Hardbody Tray Pack
- 10 cups (2,5l) water
- 1 cube of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 (50g) instant tomato soup pack
- 2 onions, quartered
- 5 cups (625g) white bread flour
- 1 tsp (5ml), salt
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) sugar
- 1 x 10g pack instant dry yeast
- 1 ½ cups (375ml) lukewarm water (body temperature)
- ¼ cup (60ml) oil
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot, add the stock cube and stir.
- Place chicken in water, cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- Dissolve the tomato soup with a little water, and add to the Umleqwa along with the onions.
- In the meantime, prepare the dombolo: Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mix, and add lukewarm water and oil.
- Slowly incorporate the water by mixing the flour into the liquid.
- Once combined, turn out to a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes.
- The dough should be smooth and, when pressed, bounce back.
- Place dough into a greased bowl, cover and let double in size for 20 minutes.
- Punch down the dough and roll it into golf ball size.
- Place dombolo on top of the Umleqwa (make sure there is enough liquid to let steam, if not, add a cup).
- Cover, ensure the lid is properly sealed, and cook on medium to low for 1 hour, till dombolo is cooked.
- Serve immediately.