Time to crumb it like it’s hot! This family-friendly meal is ready in an hour.
- 1½ cups sushi rice, rinsed and drained
- 750ml water
- 4 crumbed chicken breast steaks
- Vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Steamed pak choi, to serve
- Pickled ginger, to serve
- Sesame seeds, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Put the rice, water and 2 teaspoons of sesame oil into a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil and reduce the heat to medium. Cover with a lid and cook for 12 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Heat 2cm of vegetable oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook the crumbed chicken for 3 minutes each side or until lightly golden. Transfer to an oven tray and cook in the oven for a further 10 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Drain off the oil, wipe the pan clean and return to a high heat. Add the honey, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon sesame oil and soy sauce to the pan. Cook for 6 minutes or until the dressing is sticky.
- Serve the chicken with the rice, dressing, steamed pak choi, pickled ginger and sesame seeds