You’ll never buy store-bought barbeque sauce again. This Coca-Cola version is delicious!
- 1 x Goldi chicken hardbody
- 1 x 340ml Coca-Cola
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1tsp chili flakes or 1 chilli, sliced
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 cup mielie meal
- 1½ cup bread flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 cup Amasi
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1 can creamed corn or 1½ cup corn kernels
- Preheat the oven to 170°C
- In a saucepan, combine Coca-Cola, tomato sauce, and chilli.
- Bring the BBQ sauce to a gentle simmer, stirring so that it doesn’t catch. Reduce by half (this takes about 10–15 minutes on a medium heat).
- Place chicken and onions in a baking dish. Pour over the BBQ sauce
- Roast for 30 minutes, basting halfway.
- Cover with foil after 30 minutes and cook for a further 45 minutes, basting halfway. (For every 1kg of chicken, roast for 50 minutes.)
- Serve with cornbread and salad.
- Grease a medium-sized bread tin (25cm x 7.5cm).
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the amasi, milk, egg, oil, and corn.
- Make a well in the centre of your dry ingredients. Pour your wet mixture into the centre, gentle stirring to combine.
- Spoon batter into a bread tin and smooth over the top.
- Bake for approximately 60 minutes. The bread is done when a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool slightly before turning it out on a cooling rack.