Slow-cooker dried apricot and peach chicken
Nothing says ‘comfort food’ quite like apricot chicken. Try making it in the slow cooker.
- 8 chicken legs
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1½ cups dried apricot
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 glass white wine
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over high heat.
- Season the chicken legs on both sides with salt and pepper. Add to the pan with the onion. Allow to brown, turning every so often.
- In a small bowl, mix hot water with the chopped apricot. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Mix together the chicken stock, white wine, soy sauce, Dijon mustard, garlic, ginger, honey, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Place the chicken legs and onions in a slow cooker. Pour the apricots and the sauce over the chicken and onions.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- To serve, sprinkle with parsley and plate with rice.